Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Wonderful Week!!!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been a great, wonderful week! To start off i will start at last wednesday. So, on wednesday we played basketball and during the game i hurt my finger. Well when i woke up the next day it was purple and swollen. So i called the doctor and they sent me to the hospital to get an x-ray. In the hospital a nurse came in and asked me what happened. I told her and then she left. About 2 minutes later another the doctor came in and asked what happened. I told him and he left. In two minutes more another nurse came in and asked what happened. So i told her and she left. Then about 15 minutes later another nurse showed up with a wheelchair and told me to sit down so she could take me to get the x-rays. I looked at her and said, "its just my finger." And she answered, "yes i know but please sit down." So i got a wheelchair ride with a hurt finger. After the x-rays i had to walk back to my room, I wanted to yell, "TAXI" and wait for my wheelchair but there was none. After all was said and done i had fractured my finger. So thats how my week started.

Then we had two days full of walking because nobody was home. Buts thats usual so we didnt lose our enthusiasm. Then yesterday we had to go to the doctor for my companions foot. We had to go get x-rays again but at a different clinic. And he had walk to get x-rays on his foot while i got a wheelchair to get x-rays for my finger. We were laughing at the irony of the two situations. And in the end nothing had happened to his foot. So thats ok. But it was a wonderful week!

As for lessons we had a lesson with an investigator that was listening but only with his ears and not his heart. So he doesnt want to believe. He started to counter everything we had to say. So i closed my scriptures, looked him straight in the eyes and bore my testimony. He got all quiet and didnt say a word because every time he tried to say to say something i would just keep bearing my testimony. Then when i finished my companion bore his and we ended with a prayer. I could tell that the man was a little taken back but he invited us back to speak more about the gospel. Its amazing the power of testimony. Just like in the Book of Alma. He used a pure testimony to convert Zeezrom, the antichrist. He was eventually baptized and ended up preaching the word of God.

So that was our week. I hope you all have a great week. And Good luck with your ride on Saturday!

Love you all,
Elder Ashworth

No comments:

Post a Comment