Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Vacations!!

Family and friends,

Its great to hear that everything is going well in the family, ward, school, work, and dance. Sorry its supposed to snow this coming week but honestly i could do some snow right now. You get kind of tired of the heat after two summers in a row and it inst even the hottest part of summer yet here. So i guess i will just have to grin and bear it. 

I'm kinda bummed to hear that Preston is growing taller because that means he will be taller then me :( but oh well. I just hope he doesn't get stronger then me. It would be embarrassing if he could beat me in a wrestling match. But keep up the good work in school and dance buddy! If you really want something, go out and get it. 

The work here is going good with it being vacations right now. Everybody is leaving for one or two weeks at a time. They are all heading to the South of Chile to Vacation. Then they will leave for like two or three days or even just for the day and head to the beach. It is only 2 hours away. I really want to go to the beach right now and have a BBQ. That would be awesome. But i don't get vacations like everybody else here does. I get to Preach the Gospel!

We had some good lessons this week. In one of the lessons the guy asked if i would tell my conversion story - my story of when i received my testimony or answer. So i told him the story. At the end he said "I know that you know that the church is true and that you have a testimony and have received an answer. Because i can feel it when you talk. The sincerity and power in your voice." All i have to say was that it was really cool. I have never had anyone tell me that before and my companion told me that it was really powerful after the lesson. 

Then the other day we taught a new girl. She is the girlfriend of our bishops son. She doesn't really have a religion. So we taught lesson 1 and it went great. She understood and asked questions. We are going to visit with her tonight for Family Night and talk about eternal families and temple marriage. I hope all goes well with the lesson.

Well that's all i got for this week. I love you all. Thanks for the prayers and the words of advice.

Oh yeah, mom and ashtyn. I gave your facebook names to some people in my last ward so that you guys can be friends and help me keep in contact with those people throughout my mission. So if you could do that for me that would be great!

Love you all,
Elder Ashworth

No comments:

Post a Comment