Tuesday, October 29, 2013

First Few days In The Field

Dear Mom, Dad, Preston, Ashtyn, and everyone else,
To answer some questions. Yes i can buy batteries here. I can buy pretty much anything. With the ties, it doesnt matter. You can buy some if you want if not just send me mine. Its hot down here. About 80 to 85 everyday. Im sorry you guys are all getting sick, que fome (thats lame). But on the other hand im glad everything is going well. Now for my week.
My new comp is Elder Shildan from Boise, Idaho. He speaks alot of english from me becasue he said i will learn spanish but he wants to help me learn the doctrines of christ and how to help people. We live a house with 5 other latino missionaries. The house is the oldest in the mission so its kinda run down but it works. I only spend about 5 hours awake i it, maybe.
The area is great and the people are really nice and helpful. I spoke in sacrament meeting and gave the closing prayer. Afterward the members came up to me and said that i speak better spanish then the last new gringo Elder. I have met with some of the families and they are awesome. I have also a few investigators and they are great too. The houses are tiny and some are just concrete floors with makeshift roofs. They basically live outside with wood slates over their heads. Not much else happened in my sector or with my ward.
On saturday we went to a sealing. My comp´s first baptism was geting married to his trainer. Wierd huh. But it was good. It was cool to see how the gospel can change lives. I got to witness my first sealing in spanish. The bad part was i didnt understand it all because he used some fancy words. But oh well. Then that afternoon we went to a baptism for two new converts in our district. They are investigators of two other missionaries. It was good to see how happy they were. SO my saturday was filled with covenant making instead of teaching. The teaching will come later this week.
The people here are so ready for the gospel. We had this one lady come up to us, tell us here problems and said she wanted us to help her. Perfect opportunity to share the gospel. Hopefully everything will work out with her.
I almost forgot. I tried my first churrisco and completo. They were good. A churrisco is like a roast beef sandwich, just way better. A completo is a hotdogs with tomatoes, onions, guacamole, mustard, ketchup, and mayonaise it was really good too. I dont know what else happened this week.
I hope you all are doing good and i love hearing from you. I think about you and miss you. Love you All!
Elder Ashworth
P.S. Preston driving. That is a scary thought. HAHAHAHA. Just kidding preston.

No comments:

Post a Comment