Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sept 24, 2013 Week 2 - Getting Better

Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been jam packed with stuff. The only thing that is getting old is the food and the routine: wake up, study, eat, excercise, get ready, study, study some more, eat, study, study some more again, eat, study, go back to Alcantara, sleep, and repeat. We have 12-13 hours of study a day, its crazy! And to add to it, its all in Spanish. Spanish is coming slowly but i can definitely speak more this week then i could on day one. I know the Lord is providing the rest as long as I am giving it my all.
This week we taught a lot of lessons. We have been trying to focus more on the message then the language which is making the lessons better. On Friday we taught a lesson to one of our investigators and it was a total bomb, we decided we got an evil skull face for that day. But yesterday we taught a different investigator and it went way better. You could feel the spirit and we testified of the truthfulness of the Gospel. We taught about baptism and how it can help him in his life then we challenged him to be baptized and he said yes. (Mind you these are our teachers who are acting as investigators they really had on their missions). But we were really stoked about doing so good. It awesome to see just how far we have come in two weeks and i cant wait to see where Im at in another four. The rest of the week was just study but we have a Book of Mormon class where we read the scriptures and talk about what they mean and how they can help us or our investigators. Its really cool because it helps to relieve stress and it helps to bring the spirit into the class. The one bummer though is that because we are starting block 2 we get new teachers and we have the best teachers in the whole CCM. Im sad they are leaving because they are good teachers and make it fun. Also all of the Latinos that we came with to the CCM left this morning so me and Elder Marshall get new roommates. We were sad to see our old ones go, they were really funny and were really cool. I mean they would sing songs with us! But our new roommates might be from Texas and Utah so we are going to speak in only spanish just to freak them out a little bit, since thats what happened to us when we first got here.
On September 18th it was Chile´s Independence Day. They had celebrations all week. We got a fiesta and got to go to the park. I also got my first empanada. They are really good. Oh, and I got my official preachers license and it expires on August 25, 2015. So I guess ill be coming home in August.
Sundays are my favorite here. We have gospel classes for 12 hours. we usually watch a movie, have a lesson, then are taught out of preach my gospel (which we use all the time), have personal time, sacrament, sunday school, priesthood, then after dinner we have a devotional or family night. This last Sunday we had a devotional and the mission president from Santiago West came and spoke to us. His wife spoke really good spanish so i understood 70% of what she said buut he spoke broken spanish mixed with portugese. I only got about 60% of his talk. I got the just of both and they were on focusing on the good things and to persevere to the end. During personal time I sat on the temple grounds and wrote letters. It was really peaceful for being in the middle of a big city.
I just want to let you all know that its going great and that the people here are amazing. I know that this gospel is true. I know that Christ did die for us and that he does love us. I know that he DOES live and that he will be there to help you. As long as you do your best he will carry you when you can no longer walk yourself.
I hope everything is going well with school and dance. I hope dad gets better and I will be praying for you and fasting for you this Sunday. I wrote 4 letters 2 for mom and 2 for Ashtyn and I will mail them today. I love you all and look forward to seeing you after this great adventure!
Your son and friend,
       Elder Ashworth
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DAD AND ASHTYN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
PP.S. Sorry for the belated birthday song but i had so much on my mind last week i forgot to wish you two happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment